CarDon & Associates is known for short-term rehabilitation following illness, injury, surgery or other challenges. As at each of our communities, rehabilitation is an integral service at Harbour Manor & The Lodge, and available as an inpatient or outpatient service. Our outstanding nursing and therapy teams have the knowledge, skills and experience to guide people through successful short-term rehabilitation and the post-rehabilitation recovery processes.
Our goal is to help each person return home at their highest level of functioning as quickly and efficiently as possible with the support of our physical, occupational, and/or speech therapies provided by expert therapists.
Our short-term rehabilitation program specializes in treating people who have experienced cardiovascular, neurological, or orthopedic challenges such as strokes or hip fractures. In addition, our short-term rehabilitation staff provides numerous therapies, including:
- VitalStim for swallowing impairments
- Respiratory therapy
- Intravenous therapy
- Anodyne therapy for treating neuropathy, wounds, chronic pain, and arthritis
- Accelerated Care Plus (ACP) to speed recovery and reduce pain and swelling following joint replacement surgery
- Post-acute rehabilitative care for stroke, heart attack, amputation, balance dysfunction, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis and other neuromuscular diseases
STARS (Specialized Therapeutic and Rehabilitative Services)
The STARS program available at Harbour Manor & The Lodge and other CarDon communities focuses on inpatient and outpatient short-term rehabilitation. Through cutting-edge therapies, person-centered care, and attention to every detail, this special program helps bring people to their optimal health and functioning as quickly as possible.
Harbour Manor offers inpatient or outpatient rehabilitation, with specialized therapies and our therapy gym featuring progressive therapeutic equipment and technologies. We are committed to each person’s fullest recovery. We provide home evaluations and coordinate resources for the post-rehabilitation phase to ensure their safety and quality of life as they return home.
Our physical, occupational, and speech therapists are known as much for their positive outlooks as for the positive outcomes they take pride in assisting. Our rehabilitation staff works in collaboration with physicians, nurses, social workers, nutritionists, the individual and family members to develop a customized personal care plan.
Accommodations, Services and Amenities Include:
- Private suite and bathroom with shower
- Local telephone and cable TV provided
- Wi-Fi throughout
- Three delicious meals daily and snacks
- Inpatient and outpatient short-term rehabilitation
- Assessment and development of personalized care plan
- Physical, occupational and speech therapies
- Therapy gym with the latest in treatment technologies
- *Home Transition Program for a successful, safe return home
- Dental, podiatry, optometry, and audiology services arranged
- Beauty salon and barber services available
- Social and support services including assistance with insurance
- Medicare approved – certain requirements must be met for
Medicare to cover a short-term rehabilitation stay
- Most insurances accepted, as well as private pay
*Our Home Transition Program
For residents receiving short-term rehabilitation, in preparation for transitioning home, our innovative program fosters confidence and independence through helping them practice and regain daily living skills, such as cooking, bathing, and dressing. We provide community re-integration and home evaluations to help ensure a successful and safe return to the home environment. A home visit while the resident is still in our care provides a safety check and recommended adjustments. Plus, our staff provides advice and counsel to residents and their families with a focus on the individual’s wellness and independence.